Friday, July 10, 2009

Mom My Ride

Recently I was in the car (a minivan, of course) with the kids and my husband was in his car in front of us.  I still don't understand how this happened, but all of a sudden he started backing up, full speed, and crashed into my car.  I sat there in complete bewilderment, wondering how, with sensors in the back of his car that beep when something is behind him, could he hit me?  Well, he did and now I have a saggy front bumper and a headlight that droops (kinda sounds like my body right now).   My front bumper suddenly matches the back because I backed into my neighbor's tree a few years ago when I was turning around to go back and pick up a forgotten sippy cup.   Well to add to the beauty of my car, I decided to try and squeeze into a parking space that was partly occupied while picking up a pizza at Pizza Hut.  It didn't quite work and I hit the back bumper of the car next to me, further adding decor to my already colorful front bumper.  
My car desperately needs to go to the shop to get fixed.  There is a piece of plastic dangling down and it sounds like an airplane is landing when I stop.  I knew it was bad when a guy driving next to me motioned for me to roll down my window and when I did he said, "You know you have a piece hanging down under your car?"  I let him know that I was on my way home to fix it with duct tape - real classy!  The duct tape isn't working so I guess we will be getting it fixed soon.  In the meantime, I will just have innocent drivers around me terrified that an airplane is making an emergency landing next to them. 
All of this car drama reminded me of a Youtube video that my friend Hillary sent me a couple of years ago.  It's called "Mom My Ride".  It's a must see and will help all husbands understand why their wives cars are completely destroyed by the kids. Check it out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEFE3B0Rje0

No comments:

Post a Comment